Supply of Bio-chemical Odour Control Concentrates (BOCC) for Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
- Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
EIL has awarded the contract of the supply of BOCC for Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
Refuse collection vehicle is fitted with an 18-litre tank for holding the diluted OC. After finishing refuse collection in each calling point, the diluted OC will be sprayed out onto the rear-hopper through spray nozzles. The purpose of the spray is to allow the solution to be carried inside the refuse compartment and to seep through the joints to kill the germs that cause bad smell and health hazards and to neutralize/deodourise the bad smell already caused.
- Soluble in water;
- Environmental safe;
- Causing no harm to human and animals;
- Not damaging, not causing rusting and not corrosive to the pumps, filter, spray nozzles of the de-odourising system and the body of vehicle;
- Effective in its performance for at least 3 days after activation; and
- Odour-free or having an insignificant smell.
Testing proved by the Hong Kong laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HKOLAS) to show that remove and clear bad organic odour, in particular, effective in removing Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) and Ammonia (NH3);